Where are you located?
Virtu is located in Bucktown at 2035 N Damen Avenue. Our closest intersection is Armitage and Damen. If you're taking the expressway, exit 90/94 at Armitage and take a right, heading West five blocks. You'll make a right on Damen.
What are your hours?
Our Winter Hours are 12 to 6 Tuesday through Friday, Saturday 11 to 6, Sunday 12 to 5. We are closed Mondays.
Are any COVID mandates still in place?
As a small independent business, we ask that you please adhere to the following guidelines as indicated by the City of Chicago business resources.
- Face masks are required to be worn properly at all times while shopping at Virtu. If you don't have one with you, just ask. We've got a few on hand.
- For everyone's safety, we've installed two air purifiers with HEPA filtration.
- Sanitizer is available throughout the shop for you to use if you'd like.
- It goes without saying, if you are waiting on Covid test results or are feeling ill, please visit us only in the virtual realm. My family’s safety and the future of our business depends on your good will.
- Occasionally, on weekends especially, we fill up quickly. We may have to ask you to wait patiently outside for just a few short moments. In order to allow others to shop, and we feel super weird making this request, please visit only with intention. Virtu is a haven for so many reasons. In order to maintain safe distance and practices we must ask that, just for now, we limit the killing-time-while-waiting-for-sushi visits. So sorry.
- At the moment, there’s no need to make an appointment to shop in store for general purposes. If you prefer to shop privately, or from the safety of your own home, please schedule an appointment on our homepage.
Do you offer curbside pick up?
Absolutely. If you are local, we might even be able to deliver your order, just ask. If you do place an order for curbside pick up, we kindly ask that you pick up your items within 48 hours of purchasing. We simply don't have the space to safely stash your stuff, as much as we'd like to. We'll call or email when you're order is ready.
Virtu, taken from Italian and Latin, means an appreciation of fine objects. We hope to share only the finest and most fun with you. The foryou part? Because you never know what you might find on our shelves, as our one of a kind collection changes frequently. We don't repeat pieces of jewelry, especially, in a calendar year because we don't want you to catch your friends wearing the same earrings. If you see it, grab it, it might not be there next time. Life is short. Treat yourself, you work hard and you deserve it.
Are dogs allowed?
This is a hard one. We love dogs so much so, that we've got our own shop dog, Mochi. Maybe you've met? Over the years, there have been a few problems with one or two visiting dogs. Merchandise was broken, Mochi was bitten, small children were terrified. Overwhelmingly, it's just a freak thing, but for the safety of everyone involved, we just can't risk it. Forgive us, but please keep your pup at home when visiting. If you're out and about on a walk and need a card or a candle, we've got a sturdy gate to tie your dog to, and we'll always offer treats and water while you shop. Thank you so much for understanding.
I received a gift, but I'd like to return it.
It is quite rare that someone receives something from our shop and just doesn't love it. We understand, it could happen. Virtu is a small family run shop and we accept returns for store credit only. If you'd like to exchange an item, simply let us know as soon as you receive it. You'll have fourteen days to return it for a credit that will expire exactly one year from the date of purchase. We will absolutely make allowances for more time during gifting seasons. If you are out of state and need to ship the item back to us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to do so.
All custom orders and sale items are considered final sale, with no returns or exchanges.
Can I make a reservation?
Excuse me? No joke, at least once a week we get a call from someone asking to make a reservation for dinner for a party of 6 or so. First it was Virtu, Honest Craft, in Scottsdale, AZ. They opened in 2013. Now we get requests for Virtue in Hyde Park. We are food fond ourselves, as you'll learn. If you're visiting, just ask us for some of our local favorites, and we'll happily supply you with a list. What we can't supply you with, sadly, is a reservation. Try Resy for those.
Anything else we can help you with?
Just pop over to our contact page. We'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks so much for visiting our FAQs page. We can't wait to see you at the shop some time.